Property landlords need to have a landlord gas safety certificate for each of their premises. The Gas Safety Regulations (Installation and Use) 1998 place a duty on landlords to appoint a Gas Safe registered engineer to check all gas appliances, associated flues and pipework in their properties.The engineer will issue the gas safety certificate after the inspection.

Gas Safe Registered Engineer

It is the duty of the landlord or their nominated agents to ensure that installed gas systems are operating safely. Appliances should be maintaned so that they do not pose a risk to tenants.

This duty includes maintenance of gas appliances in line with manufacturer’s recommendations. If the manufacturer’s instructions are not available, annual services of gas appliances are recommended.

A copy of the annual Gas Safety Check should be given to all tenants. Time limits apply under the regulations for providing this information to existing and new tenants.

You should also inform your tenants that it is illegal to use a gas appliance if they suspect it is not safe. The landlord should give tenants clear procedures to follow if they suspect a gas leak, a faulty appliance or pipework.


JA Heating Services Gas Safety Inspections

JA Heating Services are fully qualified Gas Safe Engineers (546276). We carry out gas safety checks and issue gas safety certificates to landlord clients in the Wakefield, Barnsley, Pontefract, Dewsbury, Batley and South Leeds areas.

You can call us on 0789 424 5558 for advice and to arrange annual landlord inspections for your premises.

We will issue the Landlord Gas Safety Certificate for your gas boilers, fires, heaters and other gas appliances.


Gas Boiler Service

Gas boiler service by JA Heating ServicesWe recommend that you have your gas appliances serviced at the same time that the gas safety check is being carried out. Servicing involves a more thorough stripping down and cleaning of the appliance. This is to ensure that it is working at the optimum efficiency. It is important that landlords ensure that all their gas appliances are in proper working order and do not pose a risk to tenants.


Landlord Gas Safety Certificate

Following completion of the annual inspection of your gas applainces we will issue a signed gas safety certificate (CP12 form). A record of this form must be kept by the landlord with copies issued to all tenants within the required time.

JA Heating Services keep records of all our landlord clients. We will help you to comply with the Gas Safety Regulations and will send you a reminder a few weeks before the date of your annual inspection.

Call us now on 0789 424 5558
to arrange your Gas Safety Inspections

Further Information on the Gas Safety Regulations

The obligations for landlords under the Gas Safety Regulations are clearly explained by the Health and Safety Executive with their Gas Safety – landlords and letting agents guidance.

The Gas Safe Register is another good resource for landlords and letting agents to check regarding the issue of the landlord gas safety certificate and the need to appoint gas safe engineers.